CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 17, 2013

Things Get a Little Funny..

Last night I came home from college for the summer! Good heavens! I was so excited. I unpacked for nearly six hours and I'm almost finished (okay, but not really). The feeling of "coming home" is such an exhilarating feeling. It's this idea that "home" is a place where you are your truest you! My family has this pants off policy where we're all accepting of the fact that pants are optional at certain times of the day (but in my case, all times of the day). I'm sure your family might have some sort of tradition or policy, but I doubt that it is the same as ours .

Anyways, I love being home. Last night we cracked open a bottle of "Frisk" a "prickly" Riesling option. My mom and I polished off the bottle with the help of my brother keeping us laughing all night. We sat on our front porch and watched everyone drive by. I introduced my mom to "Instagram" and then we laughed some more.

When you see the happiness in things and the faithfulness of God's timing in things, you can so easily be filled with joy. When I saw how happy my parents were that I was home for the summer, I couldn't help but feel loved. When I talked to my siblings nearly twenty times yesterday about all the fun events for the summer, I couldn't help but feel thrilled. When I looked online for the young adult large group at church this summer and saw it was weekly on a night that worked for me, I was amazed at God's timing. So easily, I was reminded of His faithfulness in my life. I'm so thankful.
I'm just going to leave you with a few funny pictures from this week. Enjoy your weekend!



1 comments:

Unknown

I hope that you have an amazing summer! I bet it feels so great to be home. Also, that wine sounds yummy; I may just have to buy a bottle myself!

Post a Comment