These last few weeks have been somewhat of a blur to me. No, not because I was highly intoxicated or traveling the world losing track of the actual date or anything. They've been a blur of busyness, working, school, friendships, and a hefty amount of advocacy. As the semester has come to a close and all my once organized belongings are now stuffed into my car, I'm fully ready to hit the road. I know full well that this semester has made its way as being one of the best, worst, and trying semesters that I've experienced thus far. There are so many people who've encouraged me this semester, people who've hurt me, people who've seen me laugh, and even who've seen me cry.
I think one of the most difficult things that we do as we get older is make choices for ourselves. (I know that sounds simple, but wow, really.) We decide what and who makes us happy. We try to leave those who drag us down in the past so that we can grow. We endure sleepless nights and beautiful mornings of sunrise and hope. We find ourselves lost in prayer, wishing for difficult things that may never happen, and feelings of reject, lost hope, shame, and humbleness.
As I leave HWY 10 in my past and venture off onto HWY 114 (big difference, right?), I'm leaving behind those sleepless nights, days of worry, and times of pain to endure another chapter in my book: Summer 2013. I know it sounds cliche to say I'm just "moving on" and that's why I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that I'm so thankful for all the people who've been there for me and for all the memories that we've been able to share. I'm thankful for the idea of summer and being home for nearly four months. This feeling exhilarates me and gives me freedom. I can't wait to see my family, attend my home church, be around some really positive influences, and tackle some of those pins on my boards (Pinterest had to make an appearance..sorry not sorry!).
Above are a few of the people who've sincerely impacted my Junior year. I'm forever blessed by their kind words, laughter, hopefulness, and joy.
xoxo-polka dot gal
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment