So, yes, this is one of those "I'm a single girl" posts. Not one that should depress you or bring you down, but hopefully one that inspires you. I've been single for (cue the cringe) a little over a year. I've had a few dates here and there, but nothing really spectacular. I'm not one to complain and so I'll say this in the sweetest way possible: "Being single is a blessing, not a curse."
Yep. Breathe. You read that right.
When you are single you get to devote time for yourself. You think for yourself, act for yourself, and truly live for yourself. You can do whatever you are called to do without anyone holding you back or changing your mind. You don't have to turn down a job opportunity in another city because your sweetie is here. Being single is one of the greatest blessings and completely necessary in order to become the person you were meant to be.
However, the real meaning of this post is something that has really been bothering me lately (sorry about this complaint and if you've said this to me..then, oopsies). I absolutely cannot handle the fact that so many people have recently said to me, "Stop being so picky!" or "If you weren't so picky then you'd be in a happy wholesome relationship" or something along the lines which I'm sure you can understand. But stop. Just please hear me out on this. Just because I have high standards does not mean I'm destined to a life of loneliness and it certainly doesn't make me picky.
Definition of picky: Picky is drawing things apart and making sure each little thing is PERFECT.
Definition of high standards: High standards is knowing what you deserve and aiming for the absolute best option.
Do you see that difference? (maybe not, but maybe if you keep reading you will understand)
Anyways, ladies (gentlemen), hear me out. I have high standards and God forbid, I never knew that was a sin. In fact, I've looked at high standards as being a great blessing for quite sometime now. When you are a woman with high standards you don't stop for any old guy, you're willing to pay the ultimate price for a relationship: patience and waiting.
Here are some of my standards, what are yours?
A hard-worker: I once had a guy say to me, "I can't imagine working 40 hours a week." I knew it was just over the moment those words came out. Some weeks I work nearly 70 hours and I have this guy complaining about 13 hours. Yikes, bro.
A man of strength, courage, and faith: I have always wanted to have the ultimate "defender" guy. The one who shows you off to his friends, holds your heart in his hands, leads you in a faithful way, and enjoys just your simple company.
A "jack of all trades": This one is a bit trickier, but you can thank my Papa. My dad is a hard working guy, but on top of all that, I've never had to take my car to a mechanic. He knows how to fix any car problem. I've never had to get a plumber, electrician, or anything along this line. He knows how to fix anything (I swear).
A country boy: My brothers are outdoorsy, my uncles are outdoorsy, my grandpas are outdoorsy. We like country music, country living, and home cooked meals..you catch my drift.
Well that was lengthy, but thanks for hanging out.
xoxox- polka dot gal
Monday, May 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment