So I've always been super bummed because I don't have these vivid, detailed dreams. I've always wanted to, but I just don't. Wait..I should clarify. When I sleep I don't dream. When I am awake, my brain is on dream overload.
Up until last year I never really knew what I wanted. Of course I wanted the husband, kids, house on the lake, and to teach lively elementary students. Further than those basics, I had no idea what I wanted to do, what I should dream, or what I should think about in order to equip myself for future dreams. Over the past few months, though, I've realized how important it is to set goals and dreams for myself. I don't have too many, but here are a few that I've been dreaming up (currently, and I'm a gal so I change my mind a lot)..
1. One day, I really want to open a shelter for women to come to when they are victims of domestic abuse. I would buy a home for them to come with their children and provide them tasty meals, comfortable beds, and help them get on their feet.
2. I want to travel out of the country. Maybe just once, but maybe more than that. I've never traveled out of the country and frankly, I'm quite scared.
3. I think I'd like to write a book. I have no idea what about, but maybe just some encouraging words or daily thoughts (think blog on steroids..).
4. I guess I'd really like to get sewing so much that one day I could put my projects on Etsy (not now of course..).
5. This one is fake (kind of), but one day I'm dreaming there will be more hours in the day so that I can possibly squeeze in a few more things into my chaotic schedule.
Well, that's all I guess. Sorry if this wasn't the most exciting post! I'll leave you with these three things! First, tomorrow I register for my senior year of college (can you believe it?) and I'm so excited for next semester. Next, what are some of your dreams/goals/plans? And lastly, this quote from Shauna Niequist is one of my favorites--live it, dream it!
"To all the secret writers, late-night painters, would-be singers, lapsed and scared artists of every stripe, dig out your paintbrush, or your flute, or your dancing shoes. Pull out your camera or your computer or your pottery wheel. Today, tonight, after the kids are in bed or when your homework is done, or instead of one more video game or magazine, create something, anything.
Pick up a needle and thread, and stitch together something particular and honest and beautiful, because we need it. I need it."
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
God has great plans for you, my friend! Keep dreaming big!
What great dreams! You have such a big heart!
Your posts are very inspirational. I think that with the amount of passion and determination you have, along with a love for others, you'll be able to pursue your dreams and make them realities. XO.
Post a Comment