CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Why We Need Breaks..Really.

So if you haven't noticed, I've been slacking on this blogging thing hardcore. I want to blog and I have a lot to share, but I just haven't found the time or motivation.

I've certainly been bit by the slump of wintery mix and cold temperatures here in Wisconsin. I've wanted so badly to see sunlight and a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to. The reasons for my absence from blogging are many, but one of the top ones is that I went on Spring Break to Virginia and North Carolina for almost a week. The week before, I was so excited to go, and the week I got back, I crashed (last week). I missed my friend, the happy times, the blessing of being on vacation, and everything in between those really fulfilling days.

Last week I found myself crying or thinking about crying more than ever before. No matter what I did, I couldn't find my happy, wholesome self. I didn't know what was up, but I knew I didn't like it. I've been in this sort of rut ever since.

One thing my parents always emphasize to me is the simple few words, "Don't wish your life away". I, like many people I know, am so guilty of this. Today I wish it was tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll wish it was next week. Next week I'll wish it was summer. Summer I'll wish it was graduation. Graduation I'll wish for a job. And the wishing goes on and on and on. We get caught up in this vicious cycle of wishing for things that will eventually come on their own good timing. We worry about the next thing when we have wonderful things right in front of us.

So here's the uplifting half of the post (at least I hope)..We don't have to do this, gals. We don't have to live every day waiting for the next greatest thing. Instead, we get offered small blessings day in and day out that we should cherish. That drink you're drinking is never going to taste the same as it does right now. Those rain clouds in the sky are never going to look exactly the same. The way your sweater is fitting perfectly may never actually fit the exact way again. We say we want to enjoy life, but we're doing everything in our power to actually control life.

We need to remind ourselves every day that we are simply to enjoy God's plan for our lives, not control it.

While taking a break from life I was reminded just how fragile life is. Maybe that's why life is so hard- because it's so fragile.

I challenge you to step back today and simply breathe in the situation you're in. Remember that this day is never going to be here again. Those happy or sad tears are never going to fall the exact same way. You're never going to get today back. Praise God for these low times so that you can have a serious rejoice when you're enjoying the high times.

Xoxo, polka dot gal.

p.s. I'll share some VA/NC pictures in the near future! :)

1 comments:

Mali Trueblood

I loved this ! I've been feeling the same way and it was nice to read your encouraging words. Love your blog, girl !

Post a Comment