So the burning question has risen.."Why is your blog 'A Polka Dot World'?". I knew the question would come; however, the answer is lengthy.
Why?
I decided to give the blog this title after a lot of thinking and processing (I'm such a verbal processor). I wanted something that was going to be timeless, classy, yet have a bit of antique-ness to it. First off, you should know, I love anything old. I love shabby chic and getting ideas from old outfits. My mom has probably been my greatest inspiration in this area. She is a woman who can find a steal of a great antique and make it fit into our home perfectly. I love creating. I love dabbling about for hours on end thinking up ideas in my idea journal. I write the crafts I want to try, the outfits I want to put together, and most importantly, the thoughts and questions my brain is trying to understand.
Why not a chevron, stripes, plaid, or checkered world?
You see, I genuinely love polka dots. There is something about the way that they can describe us. Polka dots, when on just one pattern, are so similar. If you have a polka dot dress and you really want to know, I bet all of those polka dots have the same circumference and area. When you compare your polka dot dress to your friend's polka dot dress, your dots aren't going to be similar in the slightest. They might be closer together, farther apart, smaller, bigger, or a combination of any of these.
The world is much like this. From our tiny eyes we can see those things around us, our polka dots. We can see those similar polka dots. We see friends who are like us, family who has helped us to grow, items we like, dreams we have, and places we enjoy. Our own polka dots are simply so unique to us that sometimes our vision is clouded from seeing any one's dots, but our own. We see the things we like and we think our neighbor or friend is so similar, but they are all unique in their own way, too.
When we take a step back and ponder on all of these dots and spots, it is easy to see that this is a polka dot world, at best.
To sum it up, I don't know why I love polka dots. All I know is that my dots and spots of life will never exactly match up with anyone else and because of that, we're all so unique and can learn so much from each other.
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment